Monday, January 22, 2007

Nick: "A treat at Ingrid's birthday party..."

There was a treat at Ingrid's birthday party - amongst the fancy pate, plentiful crudite, and delicious mini quiche was...
a plate of peanut butter and jelly squares on whole wheat next to a bowl of Lay's potato chips.

Genius.

The sandwiches were cut into two-bite sized (or just one, if you're me) pieces, the bread was soft and fresh and really quite tasty. Smooth peanut butter (I keep crunchy Jif at home, but creamy works better here, I think). A dab of jelly (was it grape? I prefer strawberry jam, but either way).

As the sole Manhattanite in the BDC, I don't know if this is a trend in Brooklyn dining circles, but I'm all for it. Simple and delicious PB&J squares. Highly recommended.

While we're at it, what other treats reminiscent of wholesome, all-American youth should accompany my Beefeater martini at the next hip, Brooklyn party?

I'm thinking mini opened-face grilled cheese with baby tomatoes and bacon pieces. Mmmmm....

by Nick

No comments: