Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nick: "Welcome to the BDC!"

I remember it being a beautiful Saturday night in Brooklyn during the early Fall (or was it late Summer?) of 2006. I was probably bored that day. I had things to do, I'm sure, but it was a mostly lame day.

Save for my plans that evening. I was to take the Q train to Atlantic Ave and then walk to Liz and Ingrid's house so we could have dinner. There may have been some discussion about eating in at their house, but that quickly turned into a conversation about going out for our meal. I was so looking forward to seeing my friends...and eating...my brain wanted to make this dinner an even more magnificent meal then what it was already shaping up to be.

I realized that I had two other friends, Betsy and Jessica, who lived nearby in their respective apartments.
I rang Betsy. Left a message.
Then Jessica. She'd have to get back to me.
Betsy called back - she was in! Jessica called back - husband Tommy had other plans and she was joining, too! My forgettable afternoon was shaping up to be very memorable.

It was a party. I was seeing four of my favorite women. All generous, stylish and talented. An editor-in-chief, a marketing powerhouse, a business owner, and a PR "maven." (It is maven, right, Jessica?) All at dinner with ME on a beautiful Saturday night in 2006.

I actually don't remember where we went for dinner. I'm sure the other BDC'ers do. (That's one of the reasons I'm excited about this blog.) It almost doesn't matter, though. The food was delicious. The service was good. The conversation flowed. I couldn't have been happier. Several meals later I'm still hungry for more.

So, welcome to the Brooklyn Dining Club Blog.

A place to keep record of our meals.

The restaurants where we want to eat.

And our adventures along the way.

by Nick

No comments: